Club Challenge Virtual Race Series for 2021
The Virtual Club Challenge for 2021 is 27 races of varying distance from 5k to Half Marathon all mainly local events, all you need to do is run the course, record the time (elapsed time) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for it to be recorded and entered into the club challenge. The races are listed below.
As per previous year’s challenge, there is an age group category championship, which you have to race at least once to have a chance to win, and the challenge of completing 10 races to be awarded a gift.
You do not need to wear your club vest for these virtual events
To complete the challenge you must complete a minimum of 10 of the 27 events.
All times submitted will count and the best 10 point scoring runs will count towards the total. Only 3 races are allowed to be submitted per month.
Each runner has a handicap time calculated, based on age and gender performance, for each event.
The results will be age category grouped.
Age Categories: Senior Mens, Vet Men 40-49, Vet Men 50-59, Vet Men 60+
Senior Ladies, Vet Ladies 35-44, Vet Ladies 45-54, Vet Ladies 55+
Please be mindful of keep the Governments guidelines in place at all times, and please don’t do anything that would look bad on the club. Use your common sense and enjoy the challenge.
A few rules/guidelines
- Please complete the course, they are course races rather than a distance, as with all distance races, it’s from start to finish lines not the mileage.
- When submitting your times please set the activity to race, or ensure your screenshot shows the moving time and elapsed time, if you cannot show this you may be asked to submit another. Take your watch or phone off auto-pause as this will give you a false time.
- If you cheat with shortened distance or the moving time, you may be asked to re-submit another, please don’t get upset, it’s so everyone has the same rules and it’s fair for everyone.
- Send the screenshots email@example.com
- Stick to the government’s advice guidelines on social distancing at all times
- Please don’t bring the club into disrepute by breaking the guidelines.
2021 Virtual Club Challenge Events
|1||No Walk in the Park Old||Any||Web Link||3.1|
|2||No Walk in the Park New||Any||Web Link||3.1|
|3||Holymoorside 10k||Any||Web Link||6.2|
|4||Grassmoor 10k||Any||Web Link||6.2|
|5||Twigg Handicap||Any||Web Link||6.2|
|6||Hardwick 10k||Any||Web Link||6.2|
|7||Spire 10||Any||Web Link||10|
|10||Rother Valley Parkrun||Any||Web Link||3.1|
|12||Peak Rail 7||Any||Web Link||7|
|13||Millhouses Parkrun||Any||Web Link||3.1|
|14||Stoney Middleton||Any||Web Link||5.33|
|16||Baslow Bolt||Any||Web Link||7.5|
|17||Stanage Edge||Any||Web Link||6.2|
|19||Great Longstone Chase
|20||Eyam Fell Race
|21||Ricky’s Race||Any||Web Link||4.5|
|22||Hathersage Festival||Any||Web Link||5.46|
|24||Monsal Half Marathon
|26||Black Rocks||Any||Web Link||5.6|
|27||Hundle Hobble||Any||Web Link||5|